On the 10th of September, on the occasion of the 10th birthday of Co-actions in Captieux, the French multiplier event of the final results of CoYOUTHworking took place.
It was a panel discussion on Youth, work and social innovation facilitated by Xavier Ridon, a French journalist expert in social policy, whose speakers were:
- Noémie Escortell project manager of Coyouthworking project for Co-actions;
- Aurélie Lagarde, youth worker who manages a youth cooperative of activities;
- Léa Lima, a researcher expert on economic sociology.
The audience of the event was represented by several organisations of social and solidarity economy, organisations of youth work, young entrepreneurs, coworking spaces organisations, Cooperative Tiers-Lieux (regional network of coworking spaces) and also public bodies like Regional Council (councillor and administrative staff).
The program included:
- a general presentation of CoYOUTHworking, of the needs and reflections that originated the project idea, and of the participating organizations;
- an in-depth description of the outputs and consultation methods; in addition, some copies of the booklet and the skills model translated into French were shown to the participants;
- a discussion on the role of the youth worker in developing the entrepreneurial skills of young people.
Aurélie Lagarde and Léa Lima also presented as a youth worker and a researcher their analysis on how entrepreneurship participating projects created by and with young people can lead to social innovation in the territories.
It was very interesting to see that this event was also a big inspiration for other organizations and members to engage themselves in innovative and European Projects such as ErasmusPlus.